Wendi Friesen CCHT
certified clinical Hypnotherapist, master hypnotist, trainer
916-933-0700
877-68-HAPPY

Hypnosis Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit our Website www.wendi.com     Click here to bookmark this page

Visit one of our other forums:
Hypnosis Forum
Thin Forum
Alcohol Forum
InnerCircle Forum

I don't agree
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hypnosis Forum Forum Index -> Honesty and Integrity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mind Link

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippper wrote:
Mind Link wrote:
Ok I try to be honest as much as I can, and while I don't take people at their word In some way I trust them to be themselves.

There are people I can trust as far as I could throw

But there are also people who I know have a distorted sense of reality that while I believe they speak the truth, their not necessarily speaking fact. (Mostly wishful thinking)

I don't have problems with these.

By Biggest concern Ironically are the ones that are well meaning, but tell white lies to "spare my feelings". Usually from the opposite sex. It's just that these delicate situations I need to know their TRUE feelings in order to make the right decision. And as good as their intentions are, their attempts to cushion the hit seems more like attempting to fix the problem with duct tape.

Which relates to the other subject I replied to you about, yes? Strange that extremes do not seem to trouble you, but the minor offenses are your achilles heel. I am the opposite, for the most part, out and out lies piss me off. Little white lies are usually well meant, so the intent gets them more leniency than a bold faced liar would.

If you are needing to know their true feelings, tell them that is what you want and to not sugar coat it. Maybe they are their true feelings and you are reading more into it than is there. I tell people I would rather have the painful truth than a sugar coated lie, and I mean it. Most of my friends are what others call abrasive because they tell it like it is and I appreciate that. I tend not to tell 'white lies' but rather find a way to state what I wish to say in a positive light, as I dislike being dishonest, but if trapped like a rat I will speak my mind with no tact, but find it cruel and try to avoid it.

I guess consistency would be the root of honesty. It all goes to how I've been 'raised' and how I was taught the dating scene works. I've been told parents don't prepare you for how the world works, but how they want it to work.

So on the one hand I've been taught the golden rule (do unto others as you would want others to do unto you) On the other hand I've also been taught to interact in a date as I would buying a car from a used car salesman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hypnosis Forum Forum Index -> Honesty and Integrity All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: