Wendi Friesen CCHT
certified clinical Hypnotherapist, master hypnotist, trainer
916-933-0700
877-68-HAPPY

Hypnosis Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit our Website www.wendi.com     Click here to bookmark this page

Visit one of our other forums:
Hypnosis Forum
Thin Forum
Alcohol Forum
InnerCircle Forum

Reveiling Health Myteries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hypnosis Forum Forum Index -> Health and hypnosis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MYM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reveiling Health Myteries Reply with quote

Is it theoretically possible for the subconsious to know what is ailing a person, when Doctors cannot find the answer?

Is it theoretically possible to uncover that knowledge via hypnosis?
Wendi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the theory that the mind knows the condition of everything in the body, and it certainly makes sense that this could be possible. In hypnosis, the mind is asked to find the cause of an illness. or the source of the symptoms through ideo motor responses. This means that the analytical mind is bypassed and the responses come from the subconscious mind.

So, yes, I do feel there is a wisdom of some sort that knows how to identify, and often release and resolve the causes of the illness and correct the condition.

What is the nature of the problem?

Wendi
MYM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying, Wendi.

The case I speak of is hypothetical. Of course, I would not assume to ask you to comment on an actual medical case.

The case is a male, late 40's, presenting with miriad symptoms over several years, but able to fully function, including bicycling 25 miles per day. After a usual morning ride of 20 miles, he becomes gradually fatigued over the following week, to the point of barely being able to walk.

A diagnosis of hypothyroidism is made, and hormone replacement started. Looking back over blood tests from years prior, the condition was clearly existent years ago, and not diagnosed.

With hormone replacement, the blood levels are checked regularly, and verified to be optimal. However some level of fatigue remains. Even a small amount of exersize results in major fatigue that lasts for two days.

Heat will also bring on fatigue (anything over 68 degrees F). Doctors are unable to determine the cause.

If this were an actual case, I would wonder if this person could uncover some guidance via hypnosis. It is my suspicion that the subconsious would know the cause, and could be queried for guidance.
MYM

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? no takers?

So, let's say some more open-minded health professionals have suggested a few things to try, each one having some level of difficulty to accomplish, with unknown results, since the cause is unknown.

My concept is that the person suffering with this affliction could supply an outline of suggested routes of questioning. An experienced hypnotherapist could guide the subject to hypnotic trance, and follow the lines of questioning. Perhaps more insight into the cause of the alliction could be uncovered.

Might require someone experienced. Might be able to be done under self-hypnosis?

Anyone think this has merit enough to pursue?
Wendi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how to do ideomotor responses? David Cheek has a lot of research in medical hypnosis applicaitons. Ideo motor could be a valid way to ask the mind to reveal the causes.
I have done this with most of my clients that have medical issues. Interesting to find out what is revealed.

Wendi
MYM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Wendi

I looked up Ideomotor.... non-trance use of penulum over a diagram.

It seems there would be opportunity for the conscious mind to interfere with the outcome. Is this better, or done differently, under hypnosis?

I made an appointment for Thursday with a local Hypnotherapist. It will be interesting what approch they use as well. - and, of course, the outcome.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. THere is a conscious need for the mind to direct the responses. However, a good hypnotist will get you deep enough that you cant interfere, and will also look for the tiniest responses that you cannot feel consciously.

There are many ways to do it so that the consciuos mind is not in the way. And it can be confusing to know if the responses are valid. Make sure your hypnotist is experienced with these.

Wendi
MYM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Wendi.

I did see a local Hypnotherapist last week.

She demonstrated ideo motor responses with a pendulum, and asked herself questions about my health condition. I do believe that every person and thing are connected by energy, however I am skeptical that her responses, no matter how experienced, are valid for my condition.

She then brought me under, and used my finger responses to questions. It felt about half subconscious and half conscious moving the fingers. Maybe I'm just too new at this, and need several sessions to go deeper.

If I'm going to spend the money on several sessions, then I'll want to make sure I'm investing with someone who has the level of abilities to get results. Would you have any suggestions on how to find such a therapist in my area?
Flippper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the sub concious mind knows what is going on in the body, take for example someone who craves specific foods because of a vitamin or mineral deficiency. You don't know conciously that you are low in, say, vitamin C, but your body does and you will crave citrus. This may be a poor example of inner mind knowledge, but you get the idea.

Flippper
(the poster formerly known as Miz Cleo)
eldubya

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Self Diagnosis ? Reply with quote

I don't suggest I have any expertise here, but for this 'hypothetical' person's symptoms, it immediately struck me as a food allergy ... a slight possibility of low grade poisoning (it's hard to separate the symptoms because a food that causes an allergy is essentially a poison).

If I were a hypnotherapist with the opportunity to work with your hypothetical patient, under trance I'd try to heighten his body and organ awareness (get tuned in) and take him through a series of mental exposures to all of the foods in his normal diet. I'd bet there would be a negative reaction to something ... probably more than one thing. The negative reaction could be mental and range from a feeling of discomfort, to fear, to the visualization of that item always being dark or ugly or could be physical illness. And of course repetition of the process and consistently getting a similar result would be important.

But as I said, I don't claim to have any expertise so it's just an opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hypnosis Forum Forum Index -> Health and hypnosis All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: