Wendi Friesen CCHT
certified clinical Hypnotherapist, master hypnotist, trainer
916-933-0700
877-68-HAPPY

Hypnosis Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit our Website www.wendi.com     Click here to bookmark this page

Visit one of our other forums:
Hypnosis Forum
Thin Forum
Alcohol Forum
InnerCircle Forum

How honest are you?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hypnosis Forum Forum Index -> Honesty and Integrity
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How honest are you in your relationships and friendships?
Strive for 100% honesty. It is one of my highest values.
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
I am honest most of the time, but I will admit I fib a lot.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Honest about 50% of the time with friends and relationships.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I lie a lot but it doesnt cause problems, since no one knows i am lying.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I am a compulsive liar, I cannot stop myself from lying most of the time, about almost anything
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Wendi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: How honest are you? Reply with quote

In my recent newsletter we talked a little about honesty and hypnosis. We had a discussion in my office recently about using hypnosis to make you more honest and to want to tell the truth.

How honest should a person be? What areas of life are ok to not tell the truth? If you could be hypnotized to be completely honest in your life, what problems would that cause? What problems would it clear up?

Wendi
springdaisy414@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: How honest are you? Reply with quote

Wendi wrote:
In my recent newsletter we talked a little about honesty and hypnosis. We had a discussion in my office recently about using hypnosis to make you more honest and to want to tell the truth.

How honest should a person be? What areas of life are ok to not tell the truth? If you could be hypnotized to be completely honest in your life, what problems would that cause? What problems would it clear up?

Wendi
I am as honest as I can be...If I become aware that I am being dishonest, I take action to correct myself................I am as honest and honorable as I know how to be. God would want it no other way.
Wendy in Rochester, NY Very Happy
Jade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: honesty and illness Reply with quote

Confused
Everyone is a mirror for us, so you are right-on, Wendi. I try to be honest, but the hardest part of being honest with myself, due to denial or my blind spots. Although I see this clearly in those who are close to me, I struggle to see my own. My point is how can people be honest with others, when they don't know how to be honest with themselves, so they don't know that they're lying most of the time.

I don't know if you have heard about Uri Geller, but I know you would love his work. Through his book, Mind Magic, I had a breakthrough with my health by realizing that I don't have to be ill to be liked! I was hiding behind illness since I think completely out of the box and I don't fit in. I realized it doesn't matter, as long as I am TRUE TO MYSELF and as long as I stand for something and committ to it, in service to the whole, then the the rest falls into place. I feel so much better and so much clearer now, and of course your cd's reinforce my healing.

I just wanted to share this with you, because your hypnotherapy cd's have certainly helped me on the fast-track in many areas of my life.
One request is a single cd called: Fear of Success! Since that has also been a big factor in being ill...
With love and thanks;
Jade
Tim Taylor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Personal Honesty Reply with quote

In a complex world it is simply not possible to be 100% truthful and honest without causing mayhem. I believe the key is to hold yourself responsible for your own actions - especially the consequenses of what you say and do to others. Whilst it is certainly desirable to have the highest possible level of personal integrity, it is sometimes a mistake to give someone a hurtful "truth" whilst wrapping yourself in the flag of self-righteousness. Just stick to the ammended Golden Rule - do unto other as you would have them do unto you, whenever possible and without causing damage.
Russ M.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Personal Honesty Reply with quote

Tim Taylor wrote:
it is sometimes a mistake to give someone a hurtful "truth"

I agree with this statement. I do not lie often, but I will tell small fibs to save someone else from hurt feelings. Most often it is when someone asks "Do you mind doing _____ for me?" Even if I do mind, I may still say that I do not and do it anyway.

I'd also like to ask another question regarding integrity. Do any of you feel that telling half-truths or partial-truths is as bad as lying? I run into many instances where I will tell someone a partial-truth. (Again only for the sake of saving their emotions.)

Russ
Marv

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Honesty With Oneself And Others Reply with quote

Funny that this topic came up. I try and sometimes fail to be honest with others and myself as I don't want to hurt other peoples feelings that I deal with. I deal in a ruthless business-realestate, that has a real problem with being truthful. I have been fired from a job for telling the truth to a client. Is there a thing as to much honesty? The older I get, the more I really believe that one can't be to honest. At least, I think that when I get up in the morning, the smiling face in the mirror can look back without regrets. I wonder how many relationships have been ruined because of being dis-honest in either there feelings or in what is said.
Diane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Honest communication: In the transmission, or the reception? Reply with quote

While integrity is an extremely high priority for me and I strive to be impeccable with my word, I do admit to telling "half-truths". By this, I mean that I will still share honestly the positive aspects of a response and choose to omit more hurtful information, or at least to couch it in more graceful tones. Many people refer to "brutal" honesty - what's wrong with "loving" or "gentle" honesty? Why does it have to be brutal? While I would never want to intentionally hurt another individual with my honest comments, I would also not want to assume responsibility for how they react or respond to the truth, particularly if I have expressed myself in the most respectful and loving way possible. Accountability is something we all must learn, and it includes our response-ability to honest and heartfelt communications. Let's strive for gently communicated truths, heartfelt connections that demonstrate that we care, and accountability for our feelings when we recognize the genuine intentions of others' expressions.
valeriekwinters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: When to shut up Reply with quote

Honesty is a complicated topic. Speak the truth. Don’t tell lies. That part is easy. What’s harder is knowing when to tell the truth and when to shut up. For example. I’m a vegetarian. When I see someone eating meat I find it revolting. I am able to spout off a huge number of facts regarding the negative effects of eating meat on the health of individuals, on the environment, and I can describe in detail the inhumane way animals are treated in factory farms. So, it would be honest for me to share my beliefs with everyone whenever I see them eating meat. However, the results of my honest expression may not benefit me, the people I’m talking to, or my cause. I think it is wise to carefully choose the time and place to honestly express my thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. One of the factors I use to determine when to honestly express myself and when to shut up is to look at the likely consequences of my expression. Some may consider this manipulative, but I think it’s pragmatic. Another area where you may want to consider not expressing every honest thought you have is when it comes to criticizing others. Human beings are flawed. It’s not hard to recognize people’s shortcomings. Telling them what you’ve recognized as their faults and shortcomings may be honest, but is it a good idea? Do you go around telling everyone about all of their shortcomings and faults or do you pick and choose what to honestly express? I pick and choose and I do so based on what I think is most likely to have a positive impact.
Russell G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: integrity Reply with quote

"Live a straight life in an unstraight world and you're going to get killed."
- David Sandler

Lying is allowed as long as it's agreed by everyone to be in the game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of the Real Estate sales- you say you are in a business that almost requires you to lie. Yet the clients are trusting you with their biggest purchase they will ever make.
What a dilemma that creates. However, it also makes me wonder why it would not be possible to be a realtor who is known for their integrity.
Create a company that is committed to honesty. Tell your story at every opportunity and build a reputation on honesty. "Here at XYZ realty, we are committed to the highest level of integrity. We tell the truth, and we tell you everything when you are buying a house - because we feel that honesty can be a rare commodity these days. No matter what your previous experience has been with a previous realtor you will be given the honesty you deserve. Let us show you why you can trust us."

So, just off the top of my head, i wonder if this will work as a marketing approach, and is it possible to sell real estate be be committed to truth.

Hey Jade- great idea for the single CD that is about fear of success. I could make something that would be a kind of checkup, to find out what the fear is at any given time. Fear serves a positive purpose when we are avoiding success.

Great discussion on honesty.

TAKE THE POLL everyone!

Wendi
onefunnybabe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly seems like its a process. One is always continuosly striving for honesty. It's not absolute that's for sure!

There also seems to be this idea of whether or not to tell someone the truth. I think it depends on the relationship too.
For the vegetarian, maybe telling someone you are repulsed by meat can lead to a discussion/debate, possible conversion if it is say a friend or coworker. There are ways to be honest that can still respect the free will of humans.
Who says honesty has to be harsh? Why can't we learn to be gently honest? Or subtle?

Paula
ahsan bukhari

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: How honest are you? Reply with quote

Wendi wrote:

Wendi
akt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: honesty Reply with quote

i have this real problem with being honest but it is only a problem with my husband. I end up lying to him without thinking. I don't want to lie to him and it ends up hurting him. how do i stop?
Wendi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way, is to put yourself into his body and mind (while in trance) and imagine seeing yourself through his eyes. Let your mind imagine the feelings and the lack of connection that happens when the lies are there.

Next, do some self hypnosis at night, to tell yourself that every day you will value honesty more and more. Ask your mind to find every possible way to create these values and to make you tell the truth all the time.

Now, notice that the above phrases are all positive. Try not to say- I wont lie, or I will stop telling lies.

Wendi
Lisa21264

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Honesty is best Reply with quote

I am also very honest. I believe we should all be truthful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hypnosis Forum Forum Index -> Honesty and Integrity All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: