Wendi Friesen CCHT
certified clinical Hypnotherapist, master hypnotist, trainer
916-933-0700
877-68-HAPPY

Hypnosis Forum
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visit our Website www.wendi.com     Click here to bookmark this page

Visit one of our other forums:
Hypnosis Forum
Thin Forum
Alcohol Forum
InnerCircle Forum

What is my passion? What'd I love to do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hypnosis Forum Forum Index -> Passion- are you doing what you love?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cristobalcat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: What is my passion? What'd I love to do? Reply with quote

First of all, I'll try my best, english is not my main language.

Since I got the 'killing question' at my 11 years old, when I was in the school and they asked me to answer a paper form: "What do you want to become (or do) when you grown up?'.

Till today I don't have an answer for that question. And I heard this is like common flu.

Maybe, I believe they made a wrong question, so I still thinking that in diferent way: 'What I want to do with my life?', 'What I want to create, do or share?'. But basically still the same question without an answer.

I feel confident with myself to try (almost) anything. An I've tested myself many times in many situations: be a good father, son, friend, worker, person, lover, and a pro in my area.

There are things that definitelly I don't want to do, such as Doctor, Lawyer or Policeman. They are someway related to be responsible with someone else life.
But in the other hand I love to be surrounded by people and interact with them, like public speaker, trainer, coach o who knows what else.

But you would say: 'Why you still doing Computer Tech for the last 24 years then (i'm 42)?' By the way, I wasn't spending too much time doing relationships with people in this way.

Well, maybe associated with some inspiration I had when I was a kid: I love genius people (in any career) and I would like to become one. But I didn't intend the 'to be alone' part in that dream.

Now I found I keep doing this (not a genius, but a good pro) because is all I know very well, and I don't have time or money to jump to another path (and do try&failure to know it will be) when I feel responsible for 2 families (my own, and my father, my son in my country and nephews that I'm proud to support).

So I feel without juice (call it fullfilment) in my life for long time and those questions still torture me since the begining as a Chinese drop-torture.
Just few friends with no-deep-attachment between us.
Lack of interest on sport, games, or what-happen-around-the-world, so hard to start a conversation with new people. (it's interesting what I found out now writing this stuff).

Also my marriage is on the similar trap. I got marriage without being in love just because I was alone and coming from another frustrated broken relationship (my first son was born, his mother decided to leave me). Now when I was so close to leave this relationship, she got pregnant. And I'm here loving my beauty 16 months old daughter and being impossible to leave the marriage for that. And think to divorce bring me my nightmare to loose this daily-growing love for my kid.

Well, you'd say, what this has to be with Hypnosis?.

I went to a therapist that makes hypnosis and NLP, trying to get deep answer from myself (I believe there it would be). It was helping me a lot, but I could not keeping afford it. But I still searching, buying books, especially audiobooks, coming here...

I definitely need help.
Sorry if I put a sad note in this forum. No intention.

Thanks!
cristobalcat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: A thanks note to Wendy... Reply with quote

I got hooked up by your Hypnosis Quiz and it was very interesting, so I decided to buy your download about HypnoGenius.

This is a thank you note for you Wendy, your web site is very interactive and dynamic. I love you are on a radio (I wish you could podcast those shows soon, let me know).

It shows high octane life in it and it shows to help people.

Thanks I crossed this link, I found it very usefull.

Thanks again.
hypnohippo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see I'm about a year late here, but what the hey.

I can relate to a lot of this. I'm not married with kids, but I do have a high-tech, low-relational job and it is purely a means to an end. I stay there because they haven't laid me off yet, and because the hours are niiice. I imagine there are other jobs I could be doing that would be more fun or less lonely, but I'd hate to be working zillions of hours a week. I'd rather work short hours at a grey, blah-inspiring job, and then have time afterwards to pursue other interests.

Except...I don't. I'll post that in another thread, even though the passion section seems to have crickets chirping at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hypnosis Forum Forum Index -> Passion- are you doing what you love? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: